Sign-up for your First Lesson FREE.
Lana's Music Studio, Inc. The road to your music excellence.
Piano and keyboard lessons in Colorado Springs, CO, or online learning is for everyone who wants to learn piano.
• My piano lessons involve all facets of music, from playing by ear, theory and ear training, to songs and piano technique.
Classical music and music theory are a part of every lesson, but all other styles are important as well. My students are exposed to a variety of styles - classical, jazz, blues, popular, hymns, sing-along-songs, new age, etc.
• I welcome adult students who may be looking for some musical enjoyment later in life. Learning piano is for all ages. It is never too late to start playing piano; and playing music crosses all generations. I believe, adults should have an equal opportunity to enjoy playing their favorite melodies. Half of my students are adults, who are fulfilling their dream to be able to play this beautiful instrument. Sometimes I teach piano lessons to 2 or 3 members of one family, and they enjoy playing together.
Isn't it great: Mom and daughter, playing Christmas carols, or a Grandmother, who helps her little grandson to find the right way how to play a song that she just learned in her lesson...
• Learning piano is great for kids! I especially enjoy teaching children. I offer a comfortable atmosphere for learning that fosters a love and appreciation for all that music has to offer. On a piano lesson, we will cover a wide variety of "classical" repertoire and include any music style or song(s) that interest you and your child.
• I offer theory lessons for students, who already can play piano, and who would like to know more about chords, their structure, reading chords from "Easy-play" books, and learning how to make your own arrangement for these chords, how to play accompaniment to any solo instrument or voice, transpose, create your own music, and write music.
• Music Technology - digital keyboards integrated with lessons. The technology is used to supplement, not replace, piano lessons. CDs, recordings for Youtube, or play along with recorded music at speed suitable for their current level.
• Piano parties and recitals - 2 or more performance opportunities throughout the year. Piano lessons give you the opportunity to give back to the community. We play many concerts for our community, especially for nursing homes.
• In addition to learning piano technique, students in my studio receive training in basic musicianship skills, music history, and ear-training.
• Play and sing! Learn to sing songs and play chords as a background.
I believe that learning piano is a challenge but should be fun. Piano lessons are good! I hate to see students held down by the "you must do this my way" approach to teaching. Each person is different, therefore the way in which they are taught should be unique to their personality. I work with each student on his/ her own program. Depending on a student's goals, I find music pieces to play, and give them to my students. I provide a choice of several pieces, so they may choose those, that are most exciting for them.
What is better: to be able to read music or to play it by ear? As you are learning piano, you will discover this for yourself.
Well...? Let's pretend you are going to learn a foreign language. What would you prefer: to be able to read but not speak, or speak, but not read?
Of course, you wish to both speak and read. It's great to enjoy beauty of a new language. It is also good to understand grammar rules of this language. That's what I think about learning and teaching music.
Every music style is a new language. Good musician should be able to appreciate music, read music, play it by ear, and know how it works (Music Theory).
My students learn how to read music, how to play favorite songs by ear and from sheet music, and to find the right harmony to melodies.
Lessons are 30 minutes in length, once a week, although one hour lessons are available upon request.
My goal is to teach everyone to play, understand, appreciate music, and enjoy it!